The international airport in Bangkok – DMK or BKK
Which airport in Bangkok is there? In the capital of Thailand, there are two international airports, the Suvarnabhumi BKK & Don Mueang Airport DMK.
Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
If you fly to Thailand, you will most likely arrive at BKK airport. Especially for the onward journey to Pattaya, Rayong or to the island Koh Chang he is the better choice. However, if you want to travel to Phuket for the offer direct flights or onward flights from here. In addition, a bus terminal is the cheapest way to continue at the airport. You can also find taxis on the first floor, which you can also take to your hotel. With the SRTET City Line you get to the center of Bangkok to Phaya Thai.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is an international airport in Samut Prakan province. The BKK airport is located approximately 30 km outside the city of Bangkok in an easterly direction and is therefore better suited than the Don Mueang Airport to travel to Pattaya on. Suvarnabhumi Airport opened in 2006 and is a major airport in Bangkok with only one terminal.
Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
Bangkok’s Don Mueang International Airport is an international airport in the Don Mueang district of Bangkok with two terminals. Don Mueang Airport was opened in 1914. The airport is located in the heart of Bangkok, making it the most accessible for flights from the city center. However, if you want to travel further from the DMK airport to Pattaya you have to spend a little more time because of the increased city traffic.
Bus station at the airport in Bangkok
At Suvarnabhumi airport there is another bus station in Bangkok. From here the buses go to Pattaya and Hua Hin for only 120Baht. You can also take a private taxi to your hotel. For a taxi ride to Pattaya you pay about 1200 to 1500baht. If someone offers you an even more expensive ride, I would advise against it. Instead, find another driver.
Hotel recommendation at Bangkok`s airports
For a longer holiday in Bangkok, there are several ways to stay overnight. For a long-term vacation in Thailand, I recommend you to rent a house or apartment. If you only travel to Bangkok for a few weeks and days, you can take a closer look at the following hotels.
- Hotel at Chatuchak night market. A very cheap and good hotel near Chatuchak night market, the Mo Chit bus station and easy access to the BTS Skytrain is the G9Bangkok.
- Cheap hotel at Lumphini Park in Bangkok. Highly recommended is the Bed & Breakfest S Bloc Saladaeng.
- Looking for a hotel in the Nana Plaza red light district. A very nice hotel in Soi 2 is the iCheck inn.
- A hotel directly at the main station, also very popular with backpackers in a shared room, is the Blue House.
- Hotel Amari at Don Mueang Airport
- A very well located hotel at Suvarnabhumi airport is that Aranta Airport Hotel. The sleeping capsules are right at the airport, Avagard Capsule.