Bangkok bus station and bus stations in the city
The bus stations in Bangkok like the Mochit, Sai Tai Mai and the Ekkamai bus station in Bangkok. Learn more about the Bangkok Bus Station.
Mo Chit Bus Station (MORCHIT)
In the north of the city is the Mo Chit Bus Station and is very good for long trips to the north of Thailand if you are already nearby. Of course you can drive from the bus station in all other directions in Thailand. Mor Chit Bus Station is located in the Chatuchak district of Bangkok near the Wachirabenchatat Park.
- By minibus to Ayutthaya
- By bus from Bangkok to Pattaya (minibus 130Baht)
- Bus to Kanchanaburi
- By bus from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Southern SC Plaza Bus Station (Sai Tai Mai)
SC Plaza Bus Station is located south of the capital in Taling Chan district. The Southern Bus Station is located at Borommaratchachonnani Frontage Road. The SC Plaza Bus Station is also known to some as Sai Tai Mai Bus Station. At the bus station there are several shops, pharmacies and banks. Only a few meters in the side street is the Southern Market.
Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai)
To the east of Bangkok is the Ekkamai bus terminal from which you can best drive to Pattaya. A bus ticket from Bus Terminal Eastern to Pattaya costs 140Baht. The mini bus stops at several stops on the way to Pattaya. Depending on the traffic in the capital and on the roads, the journey by bus takes up to 2 hours. Once in Pattaya Naklua, you can take a scooter to your location or drive to the bus station in Pattaya.
BTS Sukhumvit Line
From Ekkamai Bus Station you can take the BTS to Lumphini Park and further into town.
Another bus station in Bangkok and at the airport
Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport has another bus station. From here the buses go to Pattaya and Hua Hin for 120Baht.
Hotel recommendations & accommodations at Bangkok`s bus stations
For a longer holiday in Bangkok, there are several ways to stay overnight. For a long-term vacation in Thailand, I recommend you to rent a house or apartment. If you only travel to Bangkok for a few weeks and days, you can take a closer look at the following hotels.
- Hotel at Chatuchak night market. A very cheap and good hotel near Chatuchak night market, the Mo Chit bus station and easy access to the BTS Skytrain is the G9Bangkok.
- Cheap hotel at Lumphini Park in Bangkok. Highly recommended is the Bed & Breakfest S Bloc Saladaeng.
- Looking for a hotel in the Nana Plaza red light district. A very nice hotel in Soi 2 is the iCheck inn.
- A hotel directly at the main station, also very popular with backpackers in a shared room, is the Blue House.